For most of my life, my problem has been self-hatred...I'm the type of person to beat myself up for the things I do wrong. I think that's a common thing in the teenagers of America and the sad part is that most teenagers really do buy into the thoughts that they are someone not worth liking and the even sadder part is that this is most common in Christian teenagers.
What I have learned to help myself get over this was a hard road. The trouble was, growing up in the church, most of the things that I heard to help this became cliche and it made my heart hard towards believing them.
1. Jesus would've died for me if I was the last one on earth...
True statement. And the thing is...Christ didn't die for my ability to hate myself...but to free myself of it...and I can't say that I would die for something I didn't do...He thought of each and everyone of us...
2. Believing that God doesn't love you because of your mistakes is you saying that you are above the blood of Jesus...
The creator of everything and the very air you breathe right now...made himself a man...a man that felt pain, rose above temptation and was perfect...He was the ultimate sacrifice...self hatred is something that says that His sacrifice wasn't good enough for you...
That sounds horrible but its the God honest truth...
The thing that has helped me is to remember that above all God desires me more than I desire Him...
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aaron,
you truly are brilliant..
No joke.
And you're completely right to say all that.
Yeah... what also goes along with this is that... God made you who you are for a reason. He has an amazing plan for each person's life. And if we reject that by putting our selves down, we are literally mocking God's creation. He created you, and every bit of you was beautifully and wonderfully made by His hands. Your strengths, your weaknesses, your challenges, your victories and failures all play into what God is going to do in you life, and how you can help Him save the world. One thought at a time.
"You're blessed when you are content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's when you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."
Matthew 5:5
The Message Translation.
Post a Comment